Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2012 Updates

I saw this cool video on the Roots of Fight website, which besides having some cool apparel, also has excellent videos on Mike Tyson, Black House Team, the Gracie Jiu Jitsu Influence, and more here. 
I recently started as an assistant coach of the kid's classes on Thursdays and as my mind wandered about how I would best approach this responsibility, Mike spoke to me! CONFIDENCE! It reminded me that I should have trust and confidence in the training I received from Prof. Codella and all the excellent instructors at our academy. Rely on my varied experience working with kids in the NYC special education system; sheez, if one can survive that, this should be a walk in the park!! More importantly, the biggest challenge and primary goal for me will be to instill confidence in our young students and make the experience of learning this wonderful art a fun and uplifting experience!!

Congratulations to our boy Jose Brandt who took first place  at NAGA Hartford, CT this past weekend!!
    Congratulations to our fearless leader, Prof. Mike Codella, on his promotion to second degree black belt by Master Renzo Gracie on Friday 6/29/12. We are all very proud of you Professor!! Oss..
 *(Photos from FaceBook. I'll post more (better) pics when they become available.)

**I've added some more technique videos on YouTube which you can access through the link in left column of this blog. 

                        TRAIN HARD, TRAIN SMART, & TRAIN WITH CONFIDENCE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment