Thursday, April 12, 2012

Academy Technique Videos on YouTube..Roger Gracie May Approve This Message!!

While I haven't been posting on here in a while, I have been updating the pics on the Cam and uploading videos of class techniques and sparring sessions on YouTube. All the videos start with the title "Codella Academy:.." to make searching for them a little easier or you can help out by returning here and clicking the first link on the left under Suggested Sites, Codella Academy Technique Videos. I'll try to get class techniques uploaded within a day or two.  Clearly the intent here was to have viable resource available to the members for reviewing class material. Some of you may remember me carrying around a notebook during class, trying to write down all moves. I still have the notes but it certainly not a viable, let alone legible, resource!!
Important Note: If anyone wishes not to have their pictures/video images posted online, or their full names mentioned online, PLEASE, let me know.  I want to respect everyone's right to privacy. 
Also, if you would like to videotape a roll or a boxing sparring session for self analysis, by all means let me know or leave word with Prof. Codella and if I can't record it myself,  I will leave the video recorder at the academy for you to utilize. (It's a Flip Mino that's very simple to use & upload to Youtube and records HD quality.) Lastly, if you would like to request a specific technique that you're having trouble with or can't remember all the details to, be added to the technique channel, let me know via email (jaystorm15@yahoo.com), Facebook, or leave message at the academy and I will coordinate with Prof. Codella to videotape the requested technique.

I've added this video interview of Roger Gracie, done by our Gordo BJJ family, BJJ Hacks, because he discusses the issue of learning Jiu Jitsu from You Tube videos and how it may hurt your game, as well as few other pearls of wisdom. So sit back and absorb the knowledge, hopefully you'll be inspired and broaden your understanding of this beautiful art. In case you're wondering what the heck is a "Berimbolo", for the sake of this "lesson" I'll contradict the present objective, and provide a video of the berimbolo technique for clarification purposes!!
**Roger Gracie was not contacted for his seal of approval but I strongly believe that he would have no objections to learning directly from your own qualified instructor. Reminds me of something Coach Chez Budgell once told me, "everything you need to improve and advance in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and now the striking arts, is all right here at our academy." I have to agree. Osss!



No comments:

Post a Comment